Submissions for the 2016 festival are now open.
Online submission form
What does EFFA look for?
We are currently inviting submissions for the 2016 Environmental Film Festival Australia. We accept films that are:
- short or feature length
- documentary or narrative
- produced anywhere in the world
- Broadly address a subject matter related to the environment – e.g. relationship to nature, sustainability, environmental impacts.
Environmental film encompasses a huge range of possibilities. At EFFA we screen films that encourage thought, inspire action and reconnect our audience with the natural world. The spectrum of topics we consider is broad, from wilderness to eco-art, from sustainability to activism and more.
HOW does effA support filmmakers?
The EFFA Programming Team works with filmmakers and distributors to promote selected films extensively to our growing audience base and the people of Australia. We seek media opportunities for selected filmmakers and work with them and relevant local and national organisations to raise awareness about topics covered in the chosen films.
Should you be able to make it to Australia for the Festival, we will show you a great time! Media and networking opportunities, community events, films and of course parties are all potential perks!
Film submissions must be provided either in DVD format on via an online screener eg. Vimeo or YouTube, with a link and password (if required). DVDs must be region-free or playable in Australia.
Deadlines and SUBMISSION fees
Submissions close on
Fee AUS$30 (student fee AUS$15)
Payments must be in Australian dollars
- The submission fee is non-refundable
- Submissions with unpaid entry fees will not be considered for selection
- To qualify for the student submission fee you must send in a copy of a valid student identification
The Festival does not pay screening fees for submitted films. We choose instead to invest our resources in producing the best possible showcase for your work and promoting your work as widely as possible.
- Cheque: payable to “Environmental Film Festival Australia”.
- Direct Deposit: Contact for shaun(at)effa.org.au for details
If you would like your DVD screener returned, please include a self-addressed postage-paid return envelope. Preview DVDs should be sent to the PO Box 24049, Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3001.