Epcot’s 2014 Food & Wine Festival makes fall great at Walt Disney World. This post reviews the best Food & Wine Festival Snacks, and how to save money by getting the most bang for your buck and value from Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival snacks. This is a great foodie event, but let’s be real: it’s also an expensive event. These snack tips can help you save time, money, and valuable stomach “real estate, ” while also aiding you in finding the best of the Epcot Food & Wine Festival snacks!
Even if you’re not a “foodie, ” per se, the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is still a lot of fun and a great way to spend a day grazing the World Showcase at Epcot enjoying good food and drinks, capped off with an evening of Illuminations. The downside to all of this is that grazing Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival can be expensive. Prices for these snacks range from around to . Add beer or wine to the mix, and one person could easily spend over 0 on snacks in a single day. That may seem outrageous, but it has happened to us! Unless you have plenty of snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan or you are careful and only go for the snacks that are good values, expect to spend a decent amount of money at Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival.
With these Epcot Food & Wine Festival reviews, hopefully you can better (and more economically!) experience the fun without breaking the bank by ordering the “duds” at the various Food & Wine Festival booths. We have ordered many, many items at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival over the past few years, and have gotten a great idea of what tastes good, what tastes bad, what’s a good value, bad value, etc.
Note that there is a bit of selection bias in these reviews, as we no longer order things we tried in our pre-blogging days (you know, before we started taking oddly dramatic photos of everything we ate) and didn’t like or thought offered poor value, and when new things are added to Food & Wine Festival, we generally only try those things that have a little buzz or sound good to us. Thus, there are proportionately more “Top Picks” in this post than there would be if we did a post reviewing every single item at the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
While the menus and booths at Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival change each year, they don’t completely change. Some items are offered one year, removed the next, and return the following year. Based on our experience, the offerings are about 25% new each year, with the other 75% being returning favorites. These Epcot Food & Wine Festival reviews cover foods we have had at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival in the past few years. .
With all of that said, here are our Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival snack reviews, in no particular order…
Canada: “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
We have heard people rave about this, and it’s regularly cited as the best/most popular item. My guess is that’s because of the “Le Cellier” name attached, as people seem to love that overrated restaurant. This ended up being the worst thing we tried a couple years ago, and based upon the reactions of others, it sounds like this is a very hit or miss item (from the perspectives of size, amount of sauce, and meat quality). For something this expensive, it shouldn’t vary this much in quality. We won’t be trying it a second chance. Order at your own risk.
France: Escargots Persillade en Brioche – TOP PICK
It should come as no surprise that escargots is expensive, so value for portion size here is actually pretty decent given the size. Just know that the portions are small. In terms of quality, I thought these were really good, although the butter flavor and breading did overwhelm the rest of the escargots. This is a great option for those on the Disney Dining Plan because it counts as a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan. If you’re on that, go wild, as this is a great way to maximize your snack credit value on the Disney Dining Plan.
Australia: Grilled Lamb Chop
This is one thing that seems to be tweaked from year to year. A couple of years ago we had it when it was served with potatoes and goat cheese, and was amazing (a definite top pick). The next year, it was served with mint pesto and potato crunchies. Not only were the accompaniments not as good, but the portion size seemed smaller. Both times we’ve tried it, it has been relatively fatty. So this one is definitely a YMMV item. This is on the more expensive end of the snack spectrum, but it offers decent value if you receive a large portion size.