Building B, Third floor
Fort Mason Center, San Francisco
BATS Improv is located in the Bayfront Theater, on the third floor of Building B at Fort Mason Center (FMC). FMC is located in the beautiful San Francisco Marina District between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge.
(GPS and Google Map users: FMC does not have a street address other than “Fort Mason Center.” You can use “Marina Blvd at Buchanan St.” as your destination, which will direct you to the parking lot entrance, or you can use “16 Marina Blvd, ” which will take you to the Safeway directly across from the Fort Mason Center entrance.)
The auto entrance to FMC is at the intersection of Marina Boulevard and Buchanan Street, across from the Marina Safeway. After you enter the first parking area keep right to enter FMC. Building B is the second from the left if you are facing the water. The BATS Improv entrance is on the left side of the building (facing Greens restaurant). Once inside, take the elevator or stairs to the third floor.
Accessibility: The Bayfront Theater and classrooms in Fort Mason are wheelchair accessible. There is a ramp at the south side (nearest the parking lot) of the west entrance to the building (the entrance with the BATS sign) and an elevator to get to the third floor. ADA-compliant bathrooms are located across the bridge in Building C. Please email BATS@improv.org to notify us of any special needs you may have so we can accommodate them.
From the East Bay
- Bay Bridge to Fremont St. exit; stay on Fremont (100 yards north)
- Right on Howard (first right off of exit)
- Left onto Embarcadero and go ~ 2 miles
- Left onto Bay and go 2 miles
- Right on Buchanan St.
- Cross Marina Blvd. and take a sharp right into the parking lot
- Keep right and proceed to the Fort Mason Center parking lot
From the North Bay
- Take the Golden Gate Bridge (US 101)
- Head toward San Francisco and exit at Marina Blvd.
- Go 1.5 miles to Buchanan St.
- Left into the parking lot and immediate right toward Fort Mason Center parking
From the South Bay/Peninsula
- Take US 101 North to the 9th St. Exit
- Take 9th Street across Market St.
- Left onto Hayes St.
- Right onto Franklin St.
- Left onto Bay St.
- Right onto Buchanan St.
- Cross Marina Blvd. to enter lot and immediate right toward Fort Mason Center parking
Several bus (MUNI) lines stop close to Fort Mason Center:
- 10 Townsend (comes from the Financial District)
- 22 Fillmore (comes from Potrero Hill, up along Fillmore, stopping just a few blocks away)
- 28 – 19th Avenue (comes from SFSU and stops right outside the FMC gates)
- 30 Stockton
- 47 Van Ness (comes straight up Van Ness, stopping just a few blocks away)
- 49 Van Ness/Mission (comes straight up Van Ness, stopping just a few blocks away)
- 82x Presidio/Wharves Express
3435 Cesar Chavez Street
BATS School of Improv holds classes in Studio 210 as well as the Bayfront Theater and the Cubberley Community Center in Palo Alto.
Unfortunately, Studio 210 is not wheelchair accessible.
Parking: Free street parking is available around the building, and generally not too hard to find. You may want to leave a couple of extra minutes just to be sure you find a spot.
Public Transportation: Studio 210 is just a few blocks from the 24th/Mission BART station and easily accessed by many city buses (12, 14, 27, 36, 49).
Taqueria Cancun (3211 Mission St.)
Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine (3221 Mission St.)
Pi Bar (1432 Valencia St.)