The city of Perth is a place with a lot of sparkle, and one of the best times of the year to see it for yourself is when the city holds its winter festival celebrations. With charming markets and great family events, it won't take long before you are in the spirit of the season!
Getting things off to a bang
Winter festival season kicks off in Perth on 5 November - Bonfire Night! And we must say, Scotland's newest city looks mightily pretty lit up against a backdrop of beautiful fireworks. Taking place on the South Inch, it's well worth wrapping up warm and bringing the family out into the cold crisp night for this explosive display.
Perth Festival of Chocolate
Chocoholics of the world, unite! In late November, Perth serves up this lip-smackingly good festival where it would be criminal NOT to indulge your sweet tooth.
- Stock up on goodies from artisan chocolatiers and get chocolate gifts ideas.
- See tasty chocolates being created at cooking demos by skilled chefs and chocolate producers.
- Take the wee ones to the kids' tent for some cocoa-themed fun.
- Have your fill! There are some wonderful food and drinks vendors, serving up tasty local grub for when it's time to munch on something more substantial.
Winter markets galore
- Make sure your larder is stocked up for the winter with the finest produce from Perth's fields and browse the stalls at Perth's regular farmers' market and the Winter Festival Market.
- The St Andrew's Day Festival offers markets packed with delicious things to eat and drink that are really worth celebrating.
- The Perth Community Christmas & Craft Market is a great chance to pick up things to give your home some beautiful festive touches, as well as unique gifts.
Christmas family fun
- Nothing gets you feeling festive like seeing Christmas illuminations! See the city shine during the Christmas Light Switch On, which takes place in late November.
- Follow the magical Christmas Lantern Parade and hear the beautiful sound of carol singers performing festive classics.