EUR-USD has ebbed into one-week terrain, making a low of 1.1180 and making this the fourth consecutive day a lower low has been seen. The slide reflects a firmer dollar, maintained yesterday by the normally dovish Fed president Evans, who seemed likely to go along with two rate hikes this year. Evans remarks follow hawkish comments on Monday from the Feb members Lacker, Williams, and Lockhart, all FOMC voters and all warning that the Fed ... Read More ►
XE Market Analysis
- The dollar continued to rise, with EUR-USD and GBP-USD logging one-week lows at 1.1180, and 1.4156, respectively, USD-JPY clocking a six-day peak at 112.76 and USD-CAD recouping about two thirds of the losses seen yesterday. This reflects Fedspeak this week that has collectively eroded the less-hawkish than expected guidance from the Fed at last week's FOMC. The risk appetite backdrop has been mixed, moderately 'on' during the European AM session ... Read More ►
- The dollar has retained a mixed-to-firmer tone in trade so far today. The normally dovish Fed president Evans appeared, during a speech after the London close yesterday, likely to go along with two rate hikes this year, even while advocating a wait-and-see stance. The risk level backdrop has been mostly on the 'off' side of the spectrum, with oil prices softer, though above yesterday's lows, and Wall Street closing modestly lower and stock markets in Asia ... Read More ►
- Safe haven flows reversed to a degree through the N.Y. session on Tuesday, following the initial risk-off reaction to the Brussels terror attacks. Treasury yields steadied, as Wall Street did not stray far from flat through the session. The dollar was steady overall versus the euro, while USD-JPY picked up ground on improving risk levels. Cable remained under pressure amid softer U.K. CPI and ongoing Brexit risk. USD-CAD traded slightly heavier, as oil ... Read More ►
Looking to send money abroad? Transferring money online is easy with XE. Our service works with your bank and it's free to sign up.
- Free online quotes
- Competitive exchange rates
- No-fee money transfer options
- Bid for your preferred rate
Need commercial grade rates for your business? The XE Currency Data API easily integrates with your system and has guaranteed data delivery.
- 160+ global sources
- Rates for every world currency
- Accuracy with proprietary rates
- Choose frequency of updates