The NZ Mountain Film Festival National Tour takes award winning films to audiences around the NZ immediately after the Wanaka festival ends in July. A selection of the films are available for screenings in your town.
Hosts in regions around the country choose a programme that reflects the interests of their local audiences from a selection of films on adventure, culture, environment and action sports. Contact us if you wish to host an event in your town.
In 2015 we have screenings in:
- Taupo at the Starlight Cinema on Friday July 31, at 7:45pm, tickets available from Starlight Cinema.
- Taranaki Alpine Club Movie Night on Wednesday 5th August, 6.30pm-8.30pm at the New Plymouth Events Cinema, Cost: $10/ticket on sale at Kiwi Outdoors from Monday 6th July.
- Twizel Winter Film Festival, Friday 14 August. Twizel Event Centre 6.30pm, Tickets on the night at the door.
- St Arnaud/Nelson Lakes at 5:30pm on Saturday August 15 at the St Arnaud Lake Rotoiti Community Centre. Cost: Adults: $20.00 and children under 15, $10. Door sales only.
- Nelson. The Free House Yurt, Tuesday – Saturday, August 18-22nd. Doors open 7pm, Full Details: Tickets $15 (cash only) from: MD Outdoors Sports Store, Millers Acre, Halifax St, Nelson, ph 03 545 7098.
- Lake Hawea, 7:30pm Friday August 28, at the Lake Hawea Community Centre, tickets from Racers Edge, Mitre 10, Federal Diner, Sailz.
- Christchurch. Thursday September 3, 7:30pm at Middleton Grange Auditorium, 68 Suva Street, Upper Riccarton. $15 per ticket available from the Roxx and Bivouac, or direct from the Canterbury Mountaineering Club, PO Box 2415, Christchurch. www.cmc.net.nz.
- Palmerston North. Wednesday September 9, at the Sport and Rugby Institute at Massey University. Tickets on sale from 17th August at Bivouac, 99 The Square, Palmerston North. Doors open 6.30pm, Starts 7pm.
- Auckland. Wednesday September 23, at 7:00pm at AUT North Shore. Tickets $10 and $5 on the door.
- Tauranga. Screening 1 – Thursday October 29th – Tauranga Art Gallery at 7pm. Screening 2 – Saturday – Friday November 6th.
- Hawke’s Bay at the Black Barn OpenAir Cinema – Sunday December 27. click here for details.